The Transcendence of God

8th July 2020

We now need to work though Barth’s notes on what the Bible and the Church witnesses says about the knowledge of God;

 6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is too high, I cannot attain to it.
7  Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
8  If I ascend to heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there.
9 If I take the wings of the dawn,
If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, Psalms 139:6-9 NASB

Barth quotes verse 6 but I think it is appropriate to read the whole section. 

26 “Behold, God is exalted, and we do not know Him;
The number of His years is unsearchable. Job 36:26 NASB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1-5

The future...

The Passion narratives