25th June 2020 What or who is Brahman in Hinduism and how does this compare and contrast with Christian theology or some Christian theologies?

Before looking at the problem of the knowledge of God and ourselves I feel it is important to have a deeper understanding of Brahman the Unknowable and what Hindu theologians say about it.  This will be done over a few days.  After this we will look at Karl Barth’s view about the Hiddenness of  God and then how he is revealed.  We can then compare and contrast the systems to this point.  I have to be careful to keep within these parameters because Hinduism is Hinduism and Christianity is Christianity.  I have no intentions of mixing categories.  For me this would be mythologizing and then I do no service to Christianity or to Hinduism.   This whole enterprise is; How far can we go in an honest discussion about God? I despair of some liberal theologies that push the boundaries in the name of peace.  Sometimes I think this annoys  other cultures up because they want their own religion to be  properly looked at and not to try to change categories and blending them to such an extent that it is no longer the same values.

My starting point is chapter 2 page 12 of Hunduism Its meaning for the liberation of the Spirit chapter 2 by the late Swami Nikhilananda

 

The question I am formulating is;

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1-5

When God began creating...

Tertullian and Heresy