The Holy Spirit can be personally blasphemed.

 

9/20/2020

32 Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come. Matthew 12:32

As I said many times; the Holy Spirit is God and we should watch what we say to Him. Let us walk in humility and understand that the Holy Spirit is there for our salvation.  We ought to respect the Holy Spirit and the honour of his name and who he is.  How this blasphemy exactly works I am not sure but blasphemy to any aspect of God in his person should never happen. Why blaspheme someone who has only ever showed loved to us!

 

Concerning the futrue of my blogs; I will be doing them a little less often because of study and work comitments.  I also want to say that I just got Bavinck's Reformed Ethics and I really want to read this book slowly and will share interesting insights.  The thing about any dogmatic teaching; it usually follows that God is speaking directly to us and it usually stops there.  We all know however that there is the world of ethics and making the right decisions.  How does Christian ethics fit into this?  If Karl Barth had lived a little longer maybe he would have added this to his volumes of writings but alas we only have a little bit.  This ethics by Bavinck is gold dust.  I think it was rediscovered afer about 100 years so I really want to read it, not that I will understand everything as Bavinck goes very deep.   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1-5

The future...

The Passion narratives