Chapter 2 verse 1



1 And when I came to you, brethren, I did not come with superiority of speech or of wisdom, proclaiming to you the testimony of God. 1 Corinthians 2:1
He uses a verbal participle twice in the aorist form when he is talking
about himself. It is just an event that happened.  Its not a perfect so it is an act that was done. And I came.  St Paul then says that   he didn't come in some sort of show.   Verse two carries on with the real reason he came...

(notes)
ελθον
Verb, aor act ptc, m nom s
Κἀγὼ ἐλθὼν πρὸς ὑμᾶς, ἀδελφοί, ἦλθον οὐ καθ’ ὑπεροχὴν λόγου
and when I came (aorist partiple x2) to you brothers, I came not with the superiority
of words (ὑπεροχὴν λόγου 1 Corinthians 2:1)

 ἢ σοφίας καταγγέλλων ὑμῖν τὸ μαρτύριον τοῦ θεοῦ. 1 Corinthians 2:1
 or (ἢ little particle) proclaiming the wisdom of God to you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1-5

When God began creating...

Tertullian and Heresy