The Turkish Bible

I really like the new Turkish Bible. The translation runs smoothly and it is easy to understand. However I also like the older translation by Bobovious. I'm sad that this translation isn't found on the major Bible sites. I am wondering why? All I know is that the late professor Gunton once said to me that 'It is good to draw from the old wine skins and the new' The more difficult translations tend to conserve the meaning better in some contexts. I hope the Bible societies will see sense and publish it on the NET.

Thanks for the comment.  I've just brought my blogg back to life.  I'm sorry to have missed your comment in 2010 but then again with God time isn't so important! :) Have a nice day...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1-5

The future...

The Passion narratives